TFC to let public partake in major changes

The search for the new face of the Toronto Football Club

Wayne Hudson

Sports & Health Editor
@WayneaHudson

In preparation for the upcoming season, the Toronto Football Club (TFC) is aiming to rebuild the team image along with their team roster.

Along with evolving their roster on the field, the TFC is looking to innovate their image off of the field by launching their “TFC: Dream Job Search.” Launched by Maple Leaf Sports Enterprise, the campaign aims to rejuvenate the identity of the Football Club. With the club internally rebuilding itself, it wishes to appeal to all of the loyal TFC fans, says marketing coordinator Trevor Georgie.

“We hope to find the perfect candidate to the face of our club, to have a good on-air personality for us,” says Georgie. “We want to find the right person so that when people think TFC, they think of this person. Someone to conduct player interviews, someone to do feature pieces on television, somebody to help with the social media space.”

Georgie notes that each Toronto sports team has a media face that fans can associate with the team and encourages young, ambitious, eager people to come out for the position, whether they be students or non-students.

“It’s just a new, vibrant way for people to see the TFC,” says Georgie. “We still get lots of media coverage, but I think a new young person will appeal to our existing fans and also appeal to our general, more casual fans.”

Ideally, he says, the winner shouldn’t be too camera shy.

Potential candidates can apply by ‘Liking’ the Toronto FC page on Facebook and submitting a photo with a 200-word explanation of why they want the position.