Fake it ‘til you break it (the law, that is)

Picture 13

So, two students have been caught faking being robbed to get out of exams.
This is absolutely fucking inspired.
I’m serious. Way to play on the expectations people have of York as a school and then swing them to your advantage. You crazy kids have really hit it out of the park. And you know what? I don’t understand.

I really don’t get it. I don’t understand how you can’t cope with the pressures you’re under and the stresses you go through. 

I don’t understand how you have a hard time dealing with the the way universities are structured: short terms with long breaks to forget everything you’ve learned and madly scrambling to relearn into the next on top of your new courses. A concept that, when taken to its furthest extreme, is similar to a soldier in a war zone coming back to reality for leave and then back into the proverbial shit.
I don’t quite grasp what the stresses of a shrinking workplace and a serious divide between the number of jobs and applicants could be doing to your long-term stress, and I don’t get how this weather can’t be helping your mood.
I’m sure the fact that a good chunk of campus hasn’t been salted or plowed should only give you a feeling akin to the sense of ice skating with your besties.
Maybe you should’ve treated yourself to some ho-cho after your 15-hour study session! That would certainly help to undo the damage caused by a significant amount of curriculum built on rote memorization and little capacity for critical thought.
Or better yet, stage an actual robbery with all of your friends. I’m almost certain the adrenaline rush caused by breaking down the door of some unsuspecting fool and taking him for all his worldly goods certainly balances out the murderous pressures of balancing a full courseload, work, and the expansive amount of expectations put on you by yourself, your professors and what I imagine is a family eyeing your every move with a hawk-like precision. After all, all three of those parties want what’s best for you: a one-way ticket into the job you told yourself you’d love in Grade 10 careers class.

Maybe I’m oversimplifying things, maybe I’m just missing the point entirely. Maybe I’m forgetting that the resources for student aid, especially mental health and stress-related issues are incredibly lacking. 

Maybe what I’m really not getting is how bad things are becoming in regards to the state of our student body, faculty, and education here at York when you have to stage a motherfucking Butch Cassidy situation in order to escape the crushing sense of hopelessness you’re left with. Twice.
Yeah, I don’t get it.