Sleep less, more often

Picture 2
Trying to squeeze copious amounts of work into a 24-hour day is a challenge to many. Caffeine, catching a quick nap in class when we think the professor isn’t looking, and studying with friends, hoping that their energy will rub off on us are all common tactics. However, polyphasic sleep may just be the solution we have been craving.
Polyphasic sleep is sleeping 20 minutes every four hours for the entire 24-hour day. A person would get six naps daily, accounting to a total of two hours of sleep per day.
One of the benefits of adopting this routine is that when one awakens from a nap there is only three hours and 40 minutes to endure before
What is interesting about this sleeping ritual, is that with routine, individuals will start to fall into REM sleep, where you experience dreams, during these short rest periods. Once adjusted, many people report feeling relaxed after waking up after just 20 minutes.
But despite the appeal, polyphasic sleep is not as simple as it may seem. Many people have difficulties fitting this into their schedules because of the constant need to rest.
In the beginning, you will feel sleep deprived as your body is not used to this sporadic sleeping pattern. It is suggested that you cut out caffeine completely and have a buddy to help keep you focused.
With the required willpower, polyphasic sleep could actually allow for four more hours a day of working time and two extra whole months per year of productive working time.
Devon MacPherson