Panorama takes dining to new heights

Samantha Osaduke
Staff Writer

Panorama Lounge
& Restaurant
55 Bloor St. W

Imagine an alluring, romantic outdoor patio on the 51st floor with a panoramic view of the city overlooking the heart of Yorkville while savouring a platter of delicious, award-winning cuisine and sipping on a fabulous cocktail at sunset. The cool breeze from the rooftops can be felt as the glow from a flickering candle covers your table.

What may sound like a dream is the reality of Panorama, a resto-lounge known for its dazzling dishes and romantic atmosphere.

As I entered the lounge and was bathed in the light of candles and chandeliers, the restaurant was buzzing with people. I opted for the patio with a spectacular view of the city. Though the house music didn’t suit the romantic ambiance of the restaurant, it was the last thing on my mind as I took in the food placed before me.

When it came time to eat, I enjoyed their Mini Crab Cakes for $13. The cakes, which were served with corn salsa and jalapeno aioli looked good enough to eat in one bite. The crab, flaky and cooked perfectly in the middle, was like nothing I had tasted before. I was temped to order a second serving.

To finish, I had the Crème Brûlée Trio for $10. I had Strawberry, Mango, and Traditional Crème Brûlée. The flavoured versions offered something unique; the mixing of the three flavours was a new experience for me. I couldn’t have found a better dish.

There is nothing better than leaving a restaurant full and satisfied and ending the dinner with excellent service. The view was captivating, the food was delicious, and the dinner was memorable.

Panorama will not disappoint, with an award-winning food and drink menu and great service.