Toronto Mayoral By-Election: Advance Voting Information for YU Students

Courtesy of Pexels

Advanced voting is quickly approaching for Toronto’s 2023 mayoral by-election.

From June 8th to 13th, eligible residents can vote at multiple advanced polling stations from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. In order to be eligible to vote, you must be a Canadian citizen, at least 18 years old, and a City of Toronto resident. During the advanced voting period, residents may choose any available polling station to cast their ballot.

Voters must bring identification and documentation containing their name and proof of Toronto address. On its website, the City of Toronto lists all the acceptable pieces of identification and documentation.

Additionally, the City of Toronto website provides information on the eligibility of student voters, including students who attend a university or college in Toronto but live outside the city. You can find out more about this in the following link.

There are two advanced polling stations in the Humber River-Black Creek ward, where York University’s Keele campus is located. The closest one to campus is at the Driftwood Community Recreation Centre, situated at 4401 Jane Street; the other station is at the Domenico DiLuca Community Recreation Centre, located at 25 Stanley Road.

The complete list of advanced polling stations is accessible on the City of Toronto website. Polling station locations are subject to change, so it is advisable for voters to check the website for any updates.

By David Clarke

David is in his fourth year, studying English at York University. He has a keen interest in filmmaking, writing, literature, video-editing, and ideas. When he isn’t working on his next project or studying, you can catch him watching film-noirs on Turner Classic Movies.