Excalibur is now hiring for its Women’s Day Supplement coordinator!
Pay: Contracted honorarium
Deadline: November 30, 2020
Every year we hire an appropriate coordinator to organize the Women’s Day supplement. The coordinator will be responsible for organizing one week’s worth of articles surrounding a particular theme or vision regarding Women’s Day and female issues, empowerment, etc.
Coordinators will be responsible for organizing and delegating approximately eight stories to be written, and published the week of March 8-14, 2021, including a feature and an editorial. They may even write some articles themselves.
The editorial board at Excalibur will work closely with the coordinator to ensure their vision for the Women’s Day supplement comes to life. This includes the coordinator working with our editorial team to recruit writers, finalize pitches, edit articles, and publish them. This is an honorarium-paid project.
– Preparing a vision for the issue
– Pitching and delegating approximately eight articles/stories to be written, including an editorial written by the hired coordinator and a feature
– Assist with story research
– Recruiting volunteers to write articles
– Managing images, photos, and graphics accompanied with each article
– Editing the articles, including fact-checking, proofreading, and sourcing before sending it to our editorial board
– Work with our managing editor to coordinate social media posts
– Work with our editor-in-chief to layout the articles for publication
– Work with our creative director to design graphics
– Excellent writing and editing skills, including a grasp of CP style
– Communication skills and time management skills
– Demonstrated ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and juggle multiple tasks
– Attention to detail
– Ability to work independently and as part of a team
– Eye for creativity and a drive to inspire/inform readers
– Familiarity with Google Drive
– Photo editing skills are an additional asset
Please don’t be discouraged from applying if you do not possess the precise combination of all the skills and qualifications listed above.
To apply, please send us a cover letter, resume, and three writing samples to email@example.com with the subject line: “[Your Full Name], WD Coordinator Application”
Due to a high volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We expect to begin interviews in early December.